Sunday, March 27, 2005

The road frequently taken...

A lot of things happened in the past 10 days, and I just couldn’t didn’t make a sincere effort to make it to the blog. The title refers to my choice of electives for the second year. After a lot of introspection, retrospection and reflection, I’ve decided to work in an area that I could easily associate with: IT. As far as the number of electives go, we could either major in Marketing alone, Finance alone, or any of these along with IT. I’ve chose Marketing plus IT electives. Finance has been a bit interesting till now, but number crunching is something I don’t want to do for ages. Pure marketing certainly amounts to shedding all the knowledge gained in IT. Add to that the growth prospects of the IT industry and the open culture in IT industry that I probably can associate to very easily, the choice has been simple.

One end term exam and three projects down, and we have 2 more projects and six more end term exams to go before the summer project begins. I’m going to the corporate office of Career Launcher in Delhi for a project in IT – improving the efficiency of the ERP system in materials management. The top management in Career Launcher apparently has a lot of IIMites, and that pretty much seals the chances of chilling out in the project. I’ve never stayed in Delhi for long, and am kind of excited at the prospect. But then, there’s always the summer sun. The funny thing is that everything related to the summer project has happened in exactly the way I didn’t want to. We haven’t fixed up a place for staying in Delhi, and, as I hear, finding accommodation in Delhi isn’t exactly easy.

After a week with breakneck speed, we are having some coolers - two holidays during Holi. Needless to say, Holi celebration was carried out in truly colorful ways. The campus has literally been painted with colors. The coloring and smearing went on for hours together, and people ended up tearing up T-shirts, jumping into the small water tank etc. I was a bit fortunate in getting away with the clothes from being torn, but I still ended up spending an hour cleaning myself. I’ll probably post a couple of pictures if I could get my hands on it. Will catch up on the blog later...

4 Comments:

At Monday, March 28, 2005 2:22:00 PM, Blogger Rahul said...

Delhi Summer. All the best :-)

Hope you had good time on Holi. Reading about it reminded me of the ways we used to celebrate Holi in engineering. War of Hostels.

 
At Monday, March 28, 2005 6:09:00 PM, Blogger Subrahmanyam KVJ said...

Hey Govar, cud u clarify a bit more on what the project is all about...is it that u r gonna be working on their service delivery/tech deployment side or has CL gotten into something altogether different?? ;)

 
At Monday, March 28, 2005 8:35:00 PM, Blogger Govar said...

No man.. CL apparantly has a lot of programs aiding students. Not alone CAT/GRE types. Its also got branch offices in US and Dubai. Thhey've implemented an ERP system for tracking and easing out on the sending of materials - books, brochures, advertisement ... all communication between head office and branches. I gotta do some efficiency improvment over it. God knows what... :)

 
At Thursday, March 31, 2005 6:24:00 PM, Blogger Jammy said...

I do miss the holi in college:( btw, I was one of the few (or the only one) to escape with untorn clothes last year

 

Post a Comment

<< Home