Monday, June 20, 2005

Mozilla - feels home!

Perseverence takes you a long way, and you'd come out a winner in the end if you persevere. If I sound father-like (or mother-like, for those whose fathers are too busy to give homilies) , I have ample reasons.

For some reasons, I wasn't ablt to configure Mozilla Thunderbird 1.0. I gave the same entries as my Netscape client but it didn't work. I tried numerous other combinations, but it still didn't work. Having been in the IT industry, I've gotten used to these weird things, and pretty much know that I was helpless. So I just downloaded and installed the latest version 1.0.2 and it works like a breeze. I use the Mozilla Firefox web browser, and Mozilla Thunderbird both as an e-mail client and a news/blog reader. These are amaaazingly fast, and have a sweet and very pleasant interface, and heck, provides tabbed browsing. So, good bye to Netscape and Feedreader.

I'm so impressed... its feels like home.

6 Comments:

At Monday, June 20, 2005 2:29:00 PM, Blogger Rajakumar said...

Hi Govar, Nice to read your post. I too just got migrated to thunderbird and it is really quick and easy.

 
At Monday, June 20, 2005 2:31:00 PM, Blogger Govar said...

@Raja: Looong time! Thanks for dropping in. :)

 
At Monday, June 20, 2005 2:54:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Better late than never.

Welcome to the club!

 
At Monday, June 20, 2005 6:57:00 PM, Blogger Govar said...

@Amit: Ahem.. thanks.

 
At Saturday, June 25, 2005 10:41:00 AM, Blogger rajagopalan said...

Hey govar, donno whether u have noticied but firefox can act as a rss feed aggregator. The feature is called Live Bookmarks.

Good to see lot of people migrating to firefox and thunderbird.

 
At Saturday, June 25, 2005 10:44:00 AM, Blogger Govar said...

That's some news to me. I couldnt find it yet... but guess its in the new version. Will check out after sometime... but thee firefox + thunderbird combo is pretty awesome.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home