Thursday, February 09, 2006

Make XP run faster

I had a lot of trouble with Windows XP. Despite a Centrino 256MB RAM laptop that's just about 2 years old, XP was really slow. Infact I felt it to be slower than my Celeron 400 Windows 98 128MB RAM machine I have back home. I felt the situation to be very similar to Parkinson's Law: Resource requirements expand to fill in resource availability - similar to "Work expands to fill in the available time".

Anyway, thanks to S Anand, I came across a bunch of tips to make the system fast. And it works. The speed difference is visible. If you an XP based system, this is certainly worth a shot!

3 Comments:

At Friday, February 10, 2006 9:25:00 PM, Blogger God Krishna said...

and i thought I was the only one who thought XP was awefully slow... nice set of tips that u've provided..

 
At Saturday, February 11, 2006 1:46:00 PM, Blogger Divya said...

hey ...thts cool and it works...only tht,after doing all those steps...my Y! msngr stopped working:(

 
At Saturday, February 11, 2006 2:20:00 PM, Blogger Govar said...

@Krishna: You certainly aren't alone!

@Divya: LOL! Sorry for that... are you sure its an after-effect? I did everything in the list and Y! seems as solid as it has ever been!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home