Friday, October 27, 2006

Raise children, all ye women!

says Iranian President.

I relish reading quotes from these people. It’s because I love history and these guys actually give a deep insight into of how primitive people of 1600s should’ve thought. I don’t know how many people actually read this article, but trust me it’s loaded with valuable information – like how prehistoric men view things.
“Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has called for a baby boom to almost double the country's population to 120 million”
Last humanity heard of this kind of stuff was, I believe, in the 1800s.
“Women should work less and devote more time to their ``main mission'' of raising children, he said.”
Are these guys for real?
Mr. Ahmadinejad said: ``I am against saying two children are enough. Our country has a lot of capacity. It has the capacity for many children to grow in it. It even has the capacity for 120 million people. Westerners have got problems.

"Because their population growth is negative they are worried and fear that if our population increases, we will triumph over them.''
This is one fight I'm going to love!

He said he wanted to bring in legislation reducing women's working hours based on how many children they had.
I love life. It’s such a lot of fun!

[Image courtesy]

3 Comments:

At Friday, October 27, 2006 9:33:00 AM, Blogger Subrahmanyam KVJ said...

Hehe..Yea, saw that piece...I'd say these are more attention-grabbers than anything else...The Iranians & N.Koreans know what it takes to make world media sit up & take notice ;)
btw, you in Chennai these days, right? hmmm..how abt catchin up sometime?

 
At Friday, October 27, 2006 6:29:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep attention grabbing is one thing, but I guess these guys actually believe in this stuff. Newya, ofcourse we'll catchup... the ol' gang... chandoo et al. I stay with him afterall.

 
At Thursday, November 09, 2006 4:21:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a funny bit of news indeed! My boy friend is going to love it. We were wondering where to settle after our wedding. I guess it would Teheran now! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home