Friday, March 30, 2007

Murphy’s Laws of Placements

Read this beautiful article in BusinessWorld (No subscription needed).

I loved the closing lines.

Murphy’s final law of placements is: if you’re happy with a salary today, you won’t be day after tomorrow. There’s always someone out there earning a few bucks more. So don’t covet thy neighbour’s paycheck. Just remember, the concept of RG (relative grading) continues in life — as it did on campus.


Someone’s gotta make up the middle and bottom ends of the curve. What really matters is how well you sleep at night. Choose the person you marry more carefully.

4 Comments:

At Friday, March 30, 2007 8:36:00 AM, Blogger Jammy said...

have not read the article yet, but these sure are driving me to the website. but then, there is the usual uneasy feeling about reading about placements.

 
At Friday, March 30, 2007 8:42:00 AM, Blogger Govar said...

The article is exactly meant to squash those feelings. :)

 
At Friday, March 30, 2007 5:55:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Choose the person you marry more carefully." ... Hmmm something on the cards I see....

 
At Saturday, March 31, 2007 8:48:00 AM, Blogger Jam said...

Hey Govar,

My stand on this issue stands proven right. This is something which I have always strongly believed in all my working life, and is something that I ve tried telling you guys also.

Cheers.........Jam

PS: The other choice might just be over, I ll let you know a little later tomorrow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home