Friday, May 04, 2007

The new manager

Sidin's articles in the New Manager section of Business Line is always a great way to start the week. Here's one of the best pieces that I came across in the recent past.

Is it true that young managers are often asked to do menial jobs in their first few months in the office? Isn't this insulting to my education and self-esteem?

It is a sad truth that many young managers do often end up photocopying and couriering for many months in their first job. However, one must realise that several people have risen to GM and VP levels purely on the strength of their documentation.

Dear Sidin, I am a fresh new manager. I love my new job and I am very happy with the money I am making. Everyone here respects me. All in all I am absolutely delighted. But no one else I know is. Is this norma

This is perfectly normal. This is because you are probably in HR.

All said, I truly don't know how people pass 20 to 30 years of life working in the office day in and day out. It does look like a mammoth challenge staring hard in the face...

1 Comments:

At Sunday, May 06, 2007 4:59:00 PM, Blogger Kavi said...

One step at a time mate ! One step ! Or rather, one manager at at time ! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home