Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Tag mania

Ok guys, tagging, yes, here I go.

Subbu, Chandoo and Ram get to equally share the blame for book-tagging me. Then Bhaskar and Manoj share the blame for quiz-tagging me. So here I’m, taking this book tag mania forward. Quiz tag mania has to wait somemore though. All this looks like some blog spamming going on, but heck, I don’t care, and it's fun. All I can say is: the guy who started this is intelligent.

But then, the folks who tagged me must’ve known that I’d take some time to follow on, being a lazy bum that I’m. With due apologies, here I go…

Books I tagged along…

I used to a voracious reader – I mean, a really mad one at that, but it was sometime ago. Thanks to my trespassing into this mysterious land affectionately called Planet-I, I’ve pretty much stopped trespassing into the book-dom. But hang on; I did get my vigor back during the summer break.

Five books that mean a lot to me:

An autobiography – Lee Iacocca; for teaching me what success really means.
Talking straight - Lee Iacocca; for inspiring to make me talk straight.
Sony, Made in Japan – Akio Morita; for teaching me the values of discipline.
Walmart, Made in America – Sam Walton; for teaching me frugality.
Malgudi days – R. K. Narayanan; for showing the adventurous side of life.



The last five books I’ve read:

Timeline, Michael Crichton – I haven’t completed it yet, but then, as mentioned in the hardcover, it has more screams per page than most other books.
Catcher in the Rye, J.D. Salinger – Just pick one and read it. It's a truckload of fun.
Why men don’t listen and women can’t read maps – Take this if you want to know more about yourself and the other half of the world. Trust me, it’s a lot of fun.
Walmart, Made in America – It really taught me the values of simplicity and small town ethics. If Sam Walton can be simple, hell, anyone can.
Diaries of a young girl – It’s about how life as a small young Jewish girl is when genocide is waiting right out of your house.

Here's the best part. I get to pull in people to tag. Trouble though; most of them have already been tagged but I did find some scapegoats. Arvind (welcome him back to blogdom), Venkat, Amit, Kidakaka, Ashwin and John get the axe.

7 Comments:

At Friday, July 01, 2005 2:13:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

summa management books aa adichi koluthara !!

Bhaskar

 
At Friday, July 01, 2005 2:39:00 PM, Blogger Govar said...

Timepass Bhaski :)

 
At Sunday, November 12, 2006 10:52:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
[url=http://krndpvni.com/xrqg/rojw.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://rsyfmyov.com/bbxa/waej.html]Cool site[/url]

 
At Sunday, November 12, 2006 10:52:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
My homepage | Please visit

 
At Sunday, November 12, 2006 10:52:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done!
http://krndpvni.com/xrqg/rojw.html | http://wigizkrq.com/mxaf/dcnz.html

 
At Saturday, December 09, 2006 7:27:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I WANT TO GET THE CD OK THE SERIAL MADE BY R.K.NARAYANAN ON 'MALGIDI DAYS" .TELL ME HOW CAN I OBTAIN THAT PLEASE BECAUSE I AN VERY MUCH NEED IN THAT

 
At Thursday, February 15, 2018 4:07:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

mba distance
Thank you so much for sharing this amazing article with us.Will stay connected with your blogs for the future posts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home