Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Back to the future

I found the following picture in one of the newsgroups. Funny, interesting... and I'd be silent about the practicality. Anything could happen.
















Just imagine 2020/2030. At the current rate - Google Earth et all, I really expect to see live satellite videos of our cities through some search technologies - the only constraint would be the bandwith of those satellites. Imagine network, internet bandwidth, the compression technologies, the power of PCs, the size of disks etc.

Exciting times we are in!

4 Comments:

At Wednesday, October 19, 2005 6:52:00 PM, Blogger Govar said...

That wasn't neither funny nor smart. Good luck next time.

 
At Wednesday, October 19, 2005 8:29:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dei you beat me to it! Now I can't post that picture :(

 
At Thursday, October 20, 2005 7:31:00 PM, Blogger Rahul said...

Yeah, the way Google is going, I won't be surprised if part of the pic is fact by 2084.

BTW why 2084? I mean why 84? Any reference to 1984 by George Orwell?

 
At Sunday, October 23, 2005 8:06:00 PM, Blogger Hypnos said...

@ Rahul: I guess it's a repetition of 1984... notice the 'paranoid' bits, a take-off on Google Earth's images of various nations' strategic military bases...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home