Saturday, December 08, 2007

Catching The Kite Runner

Which is the most awaited film in India this season? I can't think of a better one than The Kite Runner, the movie adaptation of the best selling book from the Afghanistani American Khaled Hosseini. The book was supposed to the third best selling book in 2005.

As those who've read the book would endorse, it's really one of the disturbing books you could read, and a great way to know a little about the Afghan culture. After wetting my hands with a lot of 'knowledge' books, this fiction really did a bit to shake me up.

I just hope that the movie adaptation does justice to the book. Few movie adaptations do achieve the same class as the book (Day of the Jackal, for example), but I guess it's worth a wait. Any other ones to watch out for?

[Picture courtesy: IMDB]

3 Comments:

At Saturday, December 08, 2007 8:41:00 PM, Blogger Chandoo said...

Dude... I just finished reading the book, very poignant and powerful. Even I am hoping that the movie would do justice to the novel without adding lot of masala.. :)

 
At Saturday, December 08, 2007 11:03:00 PM, Blogger Govar said...

Poignant and powerful. True dude. Let's hope for the best!

 
At Tuesday, December 18, 2007 6:05:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey ammu agiya nan is a nice flick check it out

 

Post a Comment

<< Home