Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Crossing out stalkers

If you ask me what's the most irritating thing on the net these days, I'd say that 'Checking out others messages and scraps' on networking sites ranks high up there.

I'm actually ok with people who check out others' messages or scraps without their knowledge. In Orkut terms, one could check out others' profiles/scraps after enabling one's privacy options. That way, one won't let the other person know that one has visited their profile. This is ok to an extent because you would probably presume that people who visit your profile and don't scrap you are the ones you don't know, and you most likely don't care what they are up to. If they are stalkers, so be it. If they have all the time in the world to check out messages meant for others, amen.

But what is most irritating is people whom you know - directly or indirectly - who visit your profile very, very often; who deliberately let you know that they are doing so, and also don't say anything to you. I mean, what is really their point? If you know that a remote 'friend' of yours visits your scrap daily and says nothing, what would you do? How do you cross them out? I personally don't write personal stuff out there, but stalking even in its rudimentary form is very unnerving. And that is not to say much. That's being cheap, and letting everybody know that you are cheap, which makes it cheaper than cheap.

Image courtesy: Randomstuff

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, October 31, 2007 2:06:00 PM, Blogger Jam said...

Hey there Govar,

I have always maintained that Orkut should go ahead and make this whole scrapping thing completely like an e-mail account with an automatic deletion facility after a few days.

Orkut Scrapping provides all the jobless nosey-parkers of the world an opportunity to know what is happening in the lives of people that they know or in the lives of people who know someone else they know, you get the idea.

Scrap-hopping as I term it, provides adequate amounts of information for rumor monging friends such as Masala Ven*** (am putting in *** in the name to see if you can guess who I m talking about).

In any case, your post kinda answers the question that most people have of me, "Jam, why do you delete all your Orkut scraps?"

Cheers.......Jam

PS: Are you even visiting http://mahabore.blogspot.com nowadays or what? Leave a comment once in a while so that I know you've been there ;-)

 
At Wednesday, October 31, 2007 2:21:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know what you are talking about da. I visit your blog based on updates. I get RSS notification if there is a new post and I read it... but yes, been a long time since I commented. I'll get it started. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home