Saturday, September 01, 2007

The Yawn Experiment

Does yawning make you yawn? I mean, it's common to feel hungry when you see others around you munching something. It sometimes make you feel like going and grab something immediately. Similarly, Science blogs has conducted a live experiment.

The image below is of a man yawning [Franz-Xaver Messerschmidt's The Yawner (model), circa 1778-1783].

Does the image below make you yawn?



It didn't make me yawn the first time, not even the second time. But I kept thinking about it and when I saw it the third time, I did yawn - but am still not sure if I forced myself into it and eventually gave in thinking I'm going to yawn all the time. I still am positively puzzled!

1 Comments:

At Thursday, September 06, 2007 8:38:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey dood...infact its mentioned in The Tipping Point

 

Post a Comment

<< Home