Friday, April 15, 2005

Live from New Delhi ...

Atlast, here I am, in the capital of India. The Delhi experience has been very pleasant so far. Indore started burning as March ended, and living on the top most floor in the hostel block wasn't amusing. The heat was fuming in. I couldn't even sleep during the nights. I was told that Delhi would be far far worse. I was mentally prepared to take the onslaught. But things have been very different. Delhi weather is neither hot nor cold. It's like perfect. And I'm feeling happy about it coz my expectations were far worse.

I've been allotted an SCM project in the company, a live one at that. Everyone in the company seems to be amazingly cool and informal. A very good working atmosphere. Personally for me, it's turning out to be a completely different experience in all angles. Foremost, I've never stayed in Delhi before. Secondly, my earlier company - Oracle - was huge, full of people, floors, machines and buzzing with technology. We had complete freedom in everthing - from timings to dress code. It was hard even to find our direct superiors due to the work timing differences. Things are very different here. The top management is accessible within metres. Timings and dress-code-wise things are kind of semi-formal here.

We stayed in a friend's flat in Delhi the first four days. With a TV, fridge and a Net connection, things were pretty cool. But we had to move and we moved to a single room on top of a 4 floor building. The room is located right opposite to the Malviya Nagar market, a place where you can pretty much getting everything you need for a home. The area is pretty posh with lots of cars and hi profile houses. It is also 20 minutes from happening places like Saket, PVR cinemas. We've already been there twice - once to McDonalds and next to the Niruala's and movie 'Meet the fockers'. The office timings are like 10 am to 5.30 and we must be having plenty of time in hand. Only Sundays are off. Since we don't have a TV or a fridge or a net connection, things are going to be a little different from now. How to pass time would be the single most important question. We are qiute armed - we got some 120 CDs with movies, songs, serials, games etc to use with my laptop. I've also got a couple of DVDs and books from the markets.

I'd most likely fall back to my usual past time - reading. I'd love to go back to the pre-IIMI days, when reading was real fun and I used to read so many books. I'd also love to roam around Delhi during the evenings and in Sundays. Hope to cover a decent number of places... but still, we aren't quite sure as to how to pass time...

Will record more when I get time...

3 Comments:

At Friday, April 15, 2005 4:14:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow... so enjoying in delhi. good. keep writing here so that all of us know what you are upto :D

 
At Sunday, April 17, 2005 1:33:00 PM, Blogger Subrahmanyam KVJ said...

All da best man :) in case ya allowed to talk on project, how abt some gyaan on that ?? :)

 
At Monday, April 18, 2005 10:06:00 AM, Blogger Jammy said...

we?? who else?
Hope u r enjoying yr project more than Delhi :) All the best

 

Post a Comment

<< Home