Friday, July 29, 2005

On a rainy day

All I remember out of the rainy season last year in Indore is “It started raining one day and stopped two months later”. That’s exactly what I remember about last year. The rainy season started with a very sad note this year. There were no rains in the first few days. People started speaking about drought and lack of groundwater in Indore. It was just unbelievable considering the amount of rain we had last year.

Exactly two days after the Mumbai rains that made into news, we were bashed. It all broke down heavily yesterday. The whole campus, despite being on a hill, was floating in water. It was pouring without respite. The unfair angle of the rain sealed our chances of taking respite inside our rooms. Water somehow managed to come slowly but steadily into the rooms through the door clearance. Half of my first floor room was under a thin sheet of water. Sometimes, you just can’t avoid taking a broom. To my utter disgust, I realized I was really bad at that job. It was even worse when my neighbors started capturing me with a broom in the camera, but I ain't going to post those pics. What gave me some comfort was the fact that half of the humanity in our hill had to do clear water out of rooms.

A view of our mess from the hostel - water as far as the sight takes.


Water flowing through the steps to the library – erosion was at a peak at a lot of places in the campus, worst I’ve ever seen.


Jam and the rest of my corridor mates fretting over water coming into the rooms.


As they say: when it rains, it pours. Seriously.

12 Comments:

At Friday, July 29, 2005 5:27:00 AM, Blogger Prateek said...

Thats really too much of water around!! we get to see such flow of water only during water fights :D

Neway - enjoi the rains!! Gurgaon is as hot as it can be (specially with clashes & curfews)

tada

 
At Friday, July 29, 2005 6:20:00 AM, Blogger ada-paavi!!!! said...

enjoy the rains, here in madras we havent has a decentmonsoon in 3 years now i think.

 
At Friday, July 29, 2005 10:28:00 AM, Blogger Jammy said...

Why I am I not able to see the water in the pics? may be coz one tends to be oblivious of things that are superfluous around him?

 
At Friday, July 29, 2005 1:30:00 PM, Blogger Govar said...

@Prateek: We do have waterfights. :) But theres too much water around this season.

@Vatsan: Its bad this time again?

@Ram: Yeah, the amount of water was certainly not captured in the photos. Actually, it was much, much worse.

 
At Friday, July 29, 2005 5:19:00 PM, Blogger ada-paavi!!!! said...

there is no rain which is why movies r being named chennaiil oru mazhai kalam!

 
At Friday, July 29, 2005 5:36:00 PM, Blogger Govar said...

LOL! Good one.

 
At Saturday, July 30, 2005 4:03:00 AM, Blogger consumerdemon said...

everytime it starts drizzling here(bhubaneshwar), the chennai-folk are the only ones without the umbrellas... it's raining pretty hard here too, and i'm lovin' it; though it does get a lil annoying when the bed gets wet because it's right next to the window and i get reminded of all those parts of my childhood that i don't want to... especially annoying because i didn't do it this time ;)

p.s. got here from girish's blog

 
At Saturday, July 30, 2005 3:41:00 PM, Blogger Govar said...

Thanks for visiting.

Ah yes, rains are a premium for Chennai folks... quite understandable. :)

 
At Sunday, July 31, 2005 10:56:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

:|

where are the acknowledgements for the pictures??! :D

ACKNOWLEDGE MY PRESENCE I SHAY!

attention_hungry_Payne

 
At Monday, August 01, 2005 2:18:00 AM, Blogger Govar said...

Hehe. THanks Mr. Pain... err... Payne. Is that enough attention? :-P

 
At Thursday, August 04, 2005 2:36:00 AM, Blogger Jam said...

Govar dood,

How come you conveniently forgot to mention that it is me in the last photograph in the white banian and black track pants looking at you and laughing my ass off at your watery plight.

ACKNOWLEDGE MY PRESENCE I SHAY!

even_more_attention_hungry.....jam

 
At Thursday, February 15, 2018 4:02:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...


diploma in computer application
Thank you so much for such an amazing blog. I will share it with my fellow mates. I hope all these information would be helpful for them

 

Post a Comment

<< Home