Saturday, August 06, 2005

Requiem for a dream

Yesterday was a weird day, and a rather heavy one. It was literally a mind fight to tackle all the things that were going on.

Foremost, we had a Legal Aspects of Business exam scheduled for today, and I had to start from scratch. I somehow managed to scrape through the quizzes till yesterday and today was pretty much the D-day. The feeling was worse since I really don’t have a track record of giving a proper fight to subjects that I don’t particularly like. This was one of them. All through the first year, we learned how to come up with different kind of answers for a question, while this exam was right opposite. Law. There was no two ways about it - everything to the dot, to the point… the perfect formula for spoiling the fun.

And fun was waiting for us in a silver platter. Right after the exam, we were to start our adventurous, adrenaline driven journey to Leh, through Manali, cruising through the world’s highest motorable road, through some of the chilliest barren cold deserts… a journey of a lifetime. Every bit of the plan had been finalized. The pictures of the mountains and passes I saw were all in my mind. Alternating amongst them was the thought of having to take the exam. As though it wasn’t enough, there were enough discussions in the college newsgroups about the best of the new movies in the campus, as soft rock music and desi-beats were wafting into my room from all directions.

I had 10 hours to go, 4 books to cover… and things like FERA, FEMA, Company act, Negotiable Instruments, Greek, Latin and Dutch were all in front of me. A plate of Maggi at 3 am in the night followed by two shots of Tea didn’t do me any good. I was still seeing circles and rectangles as I glanced through the pages. I then ripped some movies, and finally called it a day at 4 in the night. All I remember of the half-baked sleep was going through the Requiem for a dream music non-stop in my dreams. Some captivating music it is! Probably the best I’ve ever experienced.

I just couldn’t wait to complete the exam. After coming out of the exam hall with break neck speed, here I am, all set for the journey. All I hope for is a pleasant weather.



























I wouldn’t be blogging or blog-hopping for 10 odd days. Catch you all later! Have truckloads of fun in the meantime!

7 Comments:

At Saturday, August 06, 2005 6:11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Govar,

Wishing you a memorable, safe and great trip...

rgds,
Girish

 
At Sunday, August 07, 2005 9:53:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey...gr8 to hear that.....wishing u a fun filled trip and a safe journey back!!!...
Also wishing u good scores in ur exam :p

 
At Tuesday, August 09, 2005 9:00:00 AM, Blogger whoozlineisitanywayz said...

hey govar

good luck with the trip.... hope to see some of your pix from the trip!

 
At Friday, August 12, 2005 8:30:00 PM, Blogger Rahul said...

Have a great trip mate.


And RFAM is one helluva movie, I hope you have seen it.

 
At Tuesday, August 16, 2005 4:22:00 PM, Blogger Govar said...

Thanks everyone! Will update abt the trip in a little while...

 
At Friday, August 19, 2005 1:27:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

high time u updated ur blog

 
At Friday, August 19, 2005 8:19:00 PM, Blogger Govar said...

hard disk formatting... :( update on the way...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home