Sunday, August 08, 2004

It's now or never. I ain't gonna live for ever

Most of us have read about the night life in Metros. Nightlife at B-schools is 'fundoo' too. It's amazing to see people who are used to sleeping 8 hrs acclimatize upon coming here and joining the gang of 'the inane' who take pride sleeping after 3.30 am.

Classes get over by 1 pm, and there would invariably be a quiz till 4.00 pm. Just imagine the time left to us. 4 pm in the evening to 3 am next day, or even 4 to 4.30 am the next day (like my case). 12+ hrs approx. Seems to be quite a lot of time. As I write this, the figure looks daunting.

Actually, as you might expect, there are people who utilize atleast 6 to 8 hrs everyday. They stay in their rooms (there's a word for it... agoraphobia?) and worship books and nothing else. These kinda people don't amuse me since they are real boring! Study alone isn't life. Or is it?

And there are the real freak outs who manage to while away all the time in the world. Give 'em 10 hrs a day, 20 hrs a day, they manage to have fun. They play, they party, they booze, they loiter, they linger, movies, music, masti, mazaa... these people just manage to have fun. I kinda admire these people just for their 'sangfroid' nature. It takes a lot to have fun when the whole world is raving mad.

Next is the 'sleeping child' kind that you just can't ignore. Probably they took the line "Sleep gives the 2nd best happiness in the world" too literally. I always think there are certainly better things to do than sleeping for 10 hrs a day - probably because my sleep record has been awry in the past 6 or so years!

Last is the most admirable kind. People who manage to freak out a lot and still study and get grades. I just revere them. Keeping the concentration in studies and having fun at the same time is... for lack of words... celestial!

Quite frankly, I don't really know which category I fit in. I have decent levels of concentration many a time, but the 'fun loving' part has been the dominant force till now. I'm slowly trying to put myself in the last category... coz, for one thing, I just wanna ensoi life.

My life. It's now or never. I ain't gonna live for ever. Cliched isn't it?

5 Comments:

At Sunday, August 08, 2004 2:48:00 PM, Blogger B.Jeyavarthanaraj said...

Hi Govar

U like people who have great fun ?? U should admire me too ..... Marketing people can freak out ... others not at the cost of MBA. I won he elections da. I am the students council member now, Lots to do ... Its 3 rd time or me. Its great i got a lots of votes .... 32 out of 40 from my class ... WOW da.

All going fine ... U always belonged to last category ... u will always (WINNERS)

Sleep all day, part all night ... its fun being a VAPMIRE !!!!!

Bye .. with Love ... UR Bro

 
At Sunday, August 08, 2004 9:26:00 PM, Blogger Jam said...

Dood Govar,
U won t have to wait too long to get ur answer as to which category u belong to !!!! Mid terms are tomorrow and end terms one month later. U ll know crystal clear as to where u fit in here !!!!

Just kidding Govar. I m sure u ll find ur rightful place under the sun dood. Until then don t stop looking and having fun while doing so.

Jam

 
At Sunday, August 08, 2004 9:32:00 PM, Blogger Govar said...

Hey Jam, yeah as u say, we'd find our asset value soon. :-) Hope its positive!

 
At Wednesday, August 11, 2004 11:09:00 AM, Blogger Anti said...

love the blog man.
posting all the way from Trinidad.

 
At Wednesday, August 11, 2004 2:31:00 PM, Blogger Govar said...

Cool to have an international visitor! Hey, I remember seeing ur blog somewhere. whats the URL??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home