Sunday, July 25, 2004

A time to kill - CounterStrike

I was sprinting towards the bend near the dark corner door. When I was in close proximity, there was some movement behind me. Was it my intuition, or just a resonance in my mind? Before I could complete a 'U' turn to validate my thoughts, there was a splash of red light around me. Then there was blood falling over, out of my body. My blood. I was bleeding. In a jiffy, I took a shot in the head, and I was history. I was shot down by a terrorist.

Welcome to enthralling world of CS, a.k.a Counter-Strike.




Its a game where terrorists and counter-terrorists battle each other for victory. To win, you need to have a lust for blood, a lust to kill. A longing to massacre. Violence rules. Felony brings you laurels.

That was a short, if not sweet, introduction to Counter-strike. The game truly deserves it. Everyday in IIMI, atleast some 50 students take to this game, to find who's the master with the weapons. We have 2 or 3 game servers running round the clock.

Bullet shots and bomb bursts can be heard till about 4 am everyday. Yesterday, for instance, we were playing till 5.30 am in the morning. What makes it really interesting is the fact that the players are not computer generated. We play over the LAN.

We even have a contest between PGP1 and PGP2 somtime this week. Waiting for it.

CS is a religion. CS is a passion. CS is an obsession. Hail CS. What a difference in an otherwise very monotonic, bland existence!

4 Comments:

At Sunday, July 25, 2004 7:27:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Grt work govar !!! beautifully put....

Hail cs !!!

- THE DON

 
At Tuesday, July 27, 2004 7:50:00 PM, Blogger harry said...

IIMI rocks buddy ...come on give those IIMB fellas a run for their money in terms of Insti Enjoyment!!
Nsoi Maadi

 
At Tuesday, July 27, 2004 7:55:00 PM, Blogger Govar said...

Thanks Ranjit... aka DON. Would kill you tonight. :-P

Hari... LOL.. sounds real amusing stuff, but then am sacrificing a loooot of academic stuff for the game... its a very very addictive game.

Hope I come out of this soon! :-(

 
At Wednesday, July 28, 2004 8:05:00 PM, Blogger Govar said...

Hey Swastik... yeah, nothing like CS. But they, sorry, I forgot, whats the URL of your blog? Your profile doesnt show that. Tc.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home